...because you aren't living unless you have something to live for...

Saturday, January 7, 2012

My new muse.

I've been writing a lot. I'm finally over my fear of losing my work again and I've been writing like mad. I started a book blog, since I've also been reading a lot, and plan to do as much writing as I can this year, even if it's just blogging. I need to keep following my dream, even if I am far from home and publishers. One day I will have a novel published and this will all be worth it.

I still wish I hadn't lost my work, but there's no use dwelling on it. I've continued the story I started from where I left on and I'm doing just fine with it. This might be the one I try to publish. Yesterday I started rewriting the beginning, the part I lost, and it was hard at first but I think I'll be able to do it. This character is going through a lot of stuff that I'm feeling right now so it's easy to write her story. I crave to write her story. She whispers to me in my sleep and tells me to write more, not to leave her hanging. She is part of me now and that's why I started writing again. I found the character that begs for more. There is no way to stop writing now. She's taken hold of me and she is everything I think of now.

I've been reading a lot, which is good because it gives me ideas and tips on writing my own stuff. My book is similar to the stories I read and it's all going to work out in the end. You see that? How different am I from the girl who wrote that last post, feeling like she would never be able to write again?

I guess a good character does that to a person. Damn you Olivia Curphrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment