...because you aren't living unless you have something to live for...

Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's happening.

I've actually been writing the beginning of my novel these past few days. These are the pages I lost when my computer died. These are the words that have been written already and this is me finding them again and connecting this story together. I'm at the climax of the novel, and I guess I've realized that I can't write the ending until I've written the beginning. It just seems more fitting that way. So here I am, actually writing it. It's been easy to write the rest most of the time, but I've been having trouble with the beginning. I know why, we all know why. It's hard to go back and write something you've already written and lost. But I'm doing it. I can't say that it's better or worse than the original, but it doesn't matter. The original doesn't exist anywhere anymore. This is the only beginning. The first thing I'm going to do when this is done is back it up. Then I'm going to bask in it for a while and then I'm going to try and sell it. I've already got ideas spinning in my head for the sequel. Knowing me, I'll have it all written before (if anything) comes of it. But all that matters is that I've written it. All that matters is that it exists. It would be icing on the cake for it to be published.

One step at a time. First I must finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment