...because you aren't living unless you have something to live for...

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Breathe.



Grade 10 is off to a good start. I avoid Terry like the plague but I don't miss him too much. There are too many other boys to think about.

Like the cute boy with dreads that sits a few tables away from me in art named Justin. Though my friends and I have taken to calling him PB & J. He wears plaid boxers that you can see when he sits down and it's all I can do not to want to jump him. He's the quiet type, focused on his art more than conversation in class. And he's a good artist, I mean, I wish I was that good. And I wish I could tell him how good he is, but he has this bitchy little girlfriend who gives me stink eye every time she catches me looking at him. I can't blame her, considering I probably undress him with my eyes in front of her.

In math class, I'm stuck with grad 9s because I went and failed it. Math does not need to exist in my life and I can't wait until I never have to deal with it again. But Danny makes math class tolerable. My plan was to just ignore all the niners around me and just pass math. But of course, I don't pay attention to anything the teacher talks about because I'm too busy writing and I'm also too busy looking at Danny. The day he asked me if he could borrow a pencil was the changing point. From that day on, I was hooked. Now, not only do I not pay attention to the teacher, but I also don't write as much because I'm too busy watching Danny. He's a little chubby and he's got curly black hair and whenever he smiles, I melt into my seat. My plan is to have a conversation with him outside of class before Christmas. Yes, I set small goals, but my shyness makes even the hardest difficult to accomplish.




Then, of course, there's Dave. Now Dave is different than the others. He;s in my history class but he failed so he's a year older than me. A grade 11 who I actually get to talk to. He is, as history says, the bee's knees. Like drop dead, resuscitate me and kill me again gorgeous. He's got the big three: Tall, Dark and Handsome. I linger close to him whenever I can and whenever he happens to flash me that smile, my heart speeds up and slows down all at once. And he's funny too. We're doing a project together (yes, I internally squealed) and everything that comes out of his mouth makes me laugh. He talks to me like I'm a normal person and surprisingly I can do the same back. He says hi to me in the halls and always flashes me that smile when he walks into class.

These boys keep me up at night. It's only the beginning of the year and I'm already obsessed with too many of them. I mean, there's more than just these three, like Mike and Matt, but I'll talk about them some other time. For now, I'm going to dream about PB & J's hair, Danny's plaid boxers and Dave's laugh. This will be the year of boys, I can tell. Maybe I'll even get to kiss one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment